In this article,i will explain how to enable a microphone in windows 8.If you are facing problems like microphone not working in your windows 8 pc or low sound problem for microphone when connected,you can follow the below instructions.
Enabling microphone in your windows 8 pc
In some cases,even if you connect your microphone in the port,windows 8 may not detect your microphone.First method we can do is add the device manually using ‘add a device’ feature in control panel.
- Connect your microphone
- Go to control panel
- Under section Hardware and devices,click add a device
- Windows will search for any devices connected to your pc and will show microphone in the list and select the microphone and click next and microphone will be added
- You can check whether microphone is working or not using sound recorder.
Enabling microphone in windows 8 in case it is disbaled
Another reason for microphone not working will be ,it may be disabled in your pc.You can enable it in control panel.
- Connect your headphone
- Go to control panel >>appearance and personalization>>personalization .You can also open this window by right click >>personalize .
- In personalize window,Click the sounds option
- A small window will open.In this window,click the recorder tab
- If microphone is not listed there.Right click and click show disabled devices.
- Right click the microphone option in that window and enable it
Increasing sound of your microphone in windows 8
- To increase sound,connect microphone and go to personalize >>sound>>recorder and right click the microphone option and click properties.
- In microphone properties,click the level tab
- In level tab,increase the microphone volume to 100 and increase the bass to a 30db level
- In case,if two microphone is listed in the sound tab,disable the second one and enable the first microphone.
- Check the microphone using sound recorder.
If you are still facing problems,ask it here as comments and i will help you to troubleshoot. Above method works for my windows 8 pc and it will help you to enable microphone in your windows 8 pc and increase microphone sound in your pc.